All tickets submitted via the Finance & Administrative Support site have statuses. The status indicates what is going on with the ticket, and can help users understand if an action or response is required from them. Below is a summary of what each status means:
- New - The ticket was received but it has not been opened by an agent. The New status can indicate that the support team is evaluating the ticket to determine who should be assigned to resolve it.
- Open - The ticket has been assigned to an agent who is working to resolve it and the ticket is actively being worked on.
- Pending - The assigned agent has a follow-up question for the requester. The agent may need more information about the support issue. Tickets that are set to Pending typically remain that way until the requester responds and provides the information the agent needs to continue resolving the ticket.
- On-hold - The ticket requires a response from a third party, not the requester or the assignee.
- Solved - The agent has resolved the support issue. Until a ticket is closed, the requester can reopen the ticket. For example, the requester may not agree with the agent that the support issue is resolved and reply back to the ticket solved email notification.
- Closed - The ticket is complete and can't be reopened. However, requesters can create follow-up tickets for closed requests. A ticket's status cannot be changed to Closed manually. Once a ticket has been solved for 28 days with no further input from the requester, it is closed automatically.